Skin, while always in sight, is often out of mind. This graphic helps explains the functions of skin and just how important it is to the body! Burn victims suffer the loss of these functions and rely on skin grafts to heal and recover from their severe burns.
Click image to enlarge
You can read more in depth on what skin does for us at
Follow this link to learn more about skin grafts
These are some testimonials from grateful recipients
Mike, Jeremy, Katie
FiftyLives is looking for social media ambassadors to help spread the word about tissue donation! We use social media to reach people because of its ability to reach far and wide. Each follower we get is one step closer to ensuring each and every person has had the chance to register for donation.
You can help us do this in a few ways:
- Share a story from our Wall of Life section on the site. You can help remember those selfless people who gave the gift of life or recognize how tissue donation can truly be a life changing gift.
- Like us on Facebook. If you can, ask others to like us too. We strive to make our posts worth your time!
- Share a post. If you see something that you connect with on any level, share it so others have the chance to do the same.
- Follow us on Twitter. Again, see if anyone in your personal network is willing to follow us too.
- Tweet about it. Express your feelings about donation and tag us if you want.
- Follow us on Pinterest. Pinning is a great way to organize any of our things you think are neat!
Below are some links to help you find everything you need to be a FiftyLives Ambassador. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions on our social media posts, please let us know. We’d love to get your feedback!
Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest
Become an Ambassador / Wall of Life / Shareables
When a loved one passes, it is important to take time to remember and reflect upon their lives. Donor families recall their loved one in a special way, because it is in their passing that they gave the gift of life. We understand how important that can be, and that is why we hold special Donor Remembrance Events at various times throughout the year.
Community Tissue Services of Northwest Ohio and Life Connection of Ohio held their special bi-annual Donor Recognition Ceremony on September 7, 2014 to honor those organ, eye and tissue donors who gave the gift of life in 2012 and 2013. The event, which had a turnout of about 265 people, recognized 40 individual donors and their families with a special ceremony and a gift. The event concluded with a balloon release in honor of the donors.
On October September 27, 2014, the Circle of Life Celebration, sponsored by Community Tissue Services, Life Connection of Ohio, and Lions Eye Bank of West Central Ohio, was held at the David H. Ponitz Sinclair Center in downtown Dayton, Ohio. The event included special remembrance of the donors for their generous gift and recognition of their families. There was also a special video presentation featuring photos submitted by donor families of their loved ones.
Both of these events were special ways for donor families, and the donation community as a whole, to remember these extraordinary people for giving the final gift of love that is tissue donation. If you would like to learn more about ways to remember your loved ones, visit the Wall of Life on our website today.